Thank you for subscribing to SanSero.
Many email and internet companies are now using programs to block unwanted emails, often called spam. Sometimes, however, these programs block the emails that you want to get.
To ensure you are receiving emails from SanSero, do the following:
Be sure to add SanSero email addresses to your email whitelist to ensure that you have the best chance of receiving our content and updates. A whitelist is a list of accepted items or persons in a list of email addresses or domain names from which an email blocking program will allow messages to be received.
Why is this important?
Unsolicited, unwanted advertising email, commonly known as spam, has become a big problem. It’s reached such extreme proportions that most email services and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have put some sort of blocking or filtering system in place, or have even begun relying on self-proclaimed blacklists to tell the good guys from the cowboys.
SanSero applauds their intention to protect you from spam, but everyone agrees that the current system for stopping spam is far from perfect. Often, emails that you’ve requested are blocked due to them fitting into someone’s idea of what spam looks like. The more responsible anti-spam activists are working hard to cut down on these false positives, but in the meantime, you might unexpectedly find that you’re not getting the content that you signed up for.
As it happens, there is something that you can do to keep your subscription’s emails from falling into the false positive trap. You can fight the providers’ blacklists with a whitelist.
Whitelist us now, to ensure that you don’t miss out on our emails.
Every email system is different and below are some instructions for whitelisting emails on the more popular email systems. If your email system isn’t here, please contact your Internet Service Provider’s customer service team and ask for their instructions. If you forward their answer to us, we might add their instructions to this page.
- In your inbox, locate an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drag this email to the “Primary” tab of your inbox.
- You’ll see that our emails will go to your Primary folder in the future!
When opening an email message, a “+” symbol should display next to From: and the sender’s name. Select this and an “Add to contacts” pop-up should appear. Select “Save”:
- Select “Mail” and “Preferences” from the top menu.
- In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
- Click the “Add Rule” button.
- In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
- Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
- Type the sender’s email address in the text field beside “Contains.”
- Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus.
- Click “Ok” to save the rule.
Outlook 2003 & Later
- Right-click on the message in your inbox.
- Select “Junk E-mail” from the menu.
- Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.”